This course is designed to develop theoretical and practical skills in relation to safer moving and handling techniques for use when working with clients in the health and social care sectors. It provides the techniques and information required for safe working practices within the workplace. This comprehensive course is suitable for all people involved in the moving and handling of people. It embraces the current guidelines set out in the Guide to Handling of People and complies with current legislation.
Who should attend?
Anyone working with or caring for people that require safer people handling.
- Manual handling injuries
- Current legislation
- Employer/employee responsibilities
- Basic spinal anatomy and posture
- Principles of normal human movement and promotion of client independence
- Common risk factors and pre-transfer risk assessments
- Controversial handling techniques
- Introduction to hoists and handling equipment
- Practical approaches to handling people
£75.00 per person